News Flash from Senior CFI, Derek Metro:
“The aviation community stood to their feet and shouted with glee as Steve Schnupp became the latest Lanier Flight Center solo pilot on Feb 9th! I was extremely proud of Steve as he squeaked out 3 beautiful full-stop landings at KGVL on Runway 5. Way to go, Steve!”
Have you always wanted to fly a multi-engine airplane?
Lanier Flight Center is excited to announce our WINTER 2013 MULTI-ENGINE GROUND SCHOOL at our PDK location. This six-hour course will be taught in two three-hour sessions beginning Saturday, February 23 and ending March 2. Departure time is at 0900 and classes will last until noon. We will cover everything you need to know to pass the oral portion of the Multi-engine Rating Practical Test. The course includes aerodynamics, performance, and flight characteristics of multiengine airplanes in both normal flight and with one engine out. You will also learn the major systems of the PA44 Piper Seminole, which LFC uses for its multi-engine training. Upon the completion of the course, you will be ready to enter the world of multi-engine flying with the additional performance and system redundancy that only a twin can provide.
Add these tools to your flight bag:
- Experience the speed and performance of a twin engine airplane.
- Become a better pilot by being able to manage a more complex airplane.
- Learn everything you need to pass the oral portion of your Multi-engine Rating Practical Test.
- Add a rating to your license which does not require a written knowledge test and which does qualify as a Flight Review.
Your cost for all of this is only $149. Call 770-457-1270 today and learn why two ARE better than one!
Many congratulations to Daniel Schultheiss for earning his Private Pilot Certificate on Wednesday, February 6! After completing his training at our PDK location, he flew Cessna Skyhawk N21527 to KFGU to meet with DPE Ben Carr for his Practical Test. Join CFI, Randy Carpenter, and all of us at Lanier Flight Center in celebrating Daniel’s accomplishment!
Latest News & Events
- Jacob McDaniel Completes His First Solo Flight!!! – May 12, 2018May 15, 2018 - 5:52 pm
- Jerry Jobin Passes His Commercial Checkride! – May 7, 2018May 8, 2018 - 4:11 pm
- Marcus Hayhurst Earns His Solo Wings!!! (May 1, 2018)May 3, 2018 - 4:50 pm
- Reginald James Has His 1st Solo Flight – April 5, 2018April 9, 2018 - 8:53 pm
Lanier Flight Center Locations:
Lee Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL)
1660 Palmour Drive, #AA-5
Gainesville, Georgia 30501
DeKalb-Peachtree Airport (KPDK)
2000 Airport Road, #109
Chamblee, Georgia 30341-4900